To celebrate delicious fall foods and our 6 month wedding anniversary, tonight I made one of my favorite pizzas for dinner. This takes a bit more prep time than other pizzas, but it is so delicious it is definitely worth it. Try it out for a special fall meal of your own!
Butternut squash, carmelized onion, and goat cheese pizza
Adapted from Entertaining for a Veggie Planet
- 1 batch pizza dough from recipe of your choice (as mentioned in a previous pizza post, I recommend the recipe from Animal Vegetable Miracle).
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 -1/4" thick cubes
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced (optional - I didn't include in mine)
- olive oil
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 5-10 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 3-6 ounces goat cheese/chevre
- parmesan to grate
Roll out the pizza dough, and either put on a pizza peel covered with cornmeal (if using a baking stone in your oven) or in a baking sheet covered with cornmeal. Spread butternut squash in an even layer on top, then spread carmelized onions over the squash and sprinkle sage over the top. Finally, crumble the goat cheese over the top and then grate parmesan on top of that. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or so - until crust is lightly browned and cheese is appropriately melty. Let cool slightly then slice and enjoy!
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment, I love to hear from you! I have comment moderation turned on for older comments, so if your comment doesn't show up, it maybe waiting for me to publish it.