I am so excited to be releasing my new PDF sewing pattern, for a free-motion applique messenger bag! I decided to do another giveaway to celebrate - more on that at the end of this post.
The pattern is for a medium-sized messenger bag with two design options for a free-motion applique decoration on the flap of the bag.
The design includes a handy divided organizer pocket under the flap to store your phone, keys, and other essentials - or you can leave the pocket undivided if you prefer.
The bag also includes two interior pockets, one open and one zippered, so there are lots of places to stash all your essentials!
The pattern would also be great as a basic messenger bag pattern if you have your own decoration idea for the flap, or if you wanted to make it in a patterned fabric rather than a solid.
Huge thanks to my pattern tester, Shelley, for all her suggestions to clarify and improve the pattern! I am really proud of the final product.
The pattern is sold as a printable PDF file, and includes computer-drawn printable pattern pieces, cutting diagrams, and detailed step-by-step instructions/photo tutorial. The pattern is available for purchase from my Etsy shop [update: and in my Meylah shop with automatic download]. I'm also selling a few finished bags in my shop if you want to buy one already made up!
To celebrate the release of this pattern I am having a giveaway!
I'm giving away a copy of the pattern and either:
- The materials required to make the bag as pictured above - 3/4 yard of dark green corduroy fabric, 1/2 yard of Amy Butler Love green spots, and a fat quarter each of solid terragon Kona cotton and the green trees on white background from It's a Hoot by Momo, and an 11" zipper and a magnetic snap ; OR
- A $25 credit to my Etsy shop.
Each person can have up to four entries - make sure to leave a separate comment for each:
- Leave a comment on this post
- Tweet about this giveaway: RT one of my tweets or write your own with a cc to @NeedleNSpatula and a link back to this post - Example - Check out this giveaway from @NeedleNSpatula for a sewing pattern and fabric or shop credit! http://t.co/3Cd1iPE
- Follow or subscribe to my blog (or let me know that you already do)
- Like Needle and Spatula on Facebook (or let me know that you already do)
If you don't have an email listed on your blogger profile, please be sure to include one in your comment -- feel free to substitute (at) for @ symbol etc if you like.
Thanks and good luck!
GIVEAWAY CLOSED! Thanks!