This is literally what I ate for most of graduate school. Quick, delicious, relatively healthy, and it has black beans... what more could I ask for? I usually make this with swiss chard, since I grow it in my garden, but it works fine with spinach too.
Black Bean and Chard Quesadillas
Makes 1 full size quesadilla (sandwiching two full tortillas) or 2 folded over quesadillas.
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or less, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or mexican cheese mixture, or goat cheese)
- 4 large chard leaves, coarsely chopped (about 1/2 cup), or equivalent amount of spinach
- 1 tablespoon finely choppped cilantro (optional)
- 2 medium to large sized whole grain flour tortillas