Like everyone, I have been shocked and saddened to see the devastation in Japan. When I saw that Jojo of A Bit of This and A Bit of That was organizing an appeal for craft auctions/raffles to raise funds for relief in Japan, I knew I wanted to participate. However, I was concerned that since I didn't have a large item like a big quilt to donate, it wouldn't have much impact. I reached out to friends, both online and "real-life" and was so happy that a number of folks were interested in donating items so we could put together a bundle of adorable baby items to raffle off together. Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed! If other folks want to donate items as well I would love to add more things over the next few days to make the prize bundles even more awesome, so send me an email if you would like to donate something.
I know that many folks have already donated money to the relief effort or are planning to donate - I'm hoping this type of appeal can help serve as a reminder to do so, or a nudge to give again.
There will be two bundles of baby items for raffle (or possibly more if more items are donated) - keep the goodies for yourself or give them as gifts!
Elizabeth from Sew Chatty donated this ruffley baby blanket from her Etsy shop, featuring her signature shabby ruffles and fun kid fabrics. For more details and photos, check out the full listing.
Heather from Olive and Ollie donated this bib and burp cloth set from her Etsy shop, backed in cuddly soft and absorbent chenille. For more details and photos, check out the full listing.
Jaclyn from Urban Crunch donated a pair of cute truck and car booties and two contoured burp cloths, designed to fit snugly right on your shoulder. For more info on the burp cloths, check out this listing in her Etsy shop.
Mandy from Fabric Paper Glue donated two sets of four burp cloths - one set will be in this bundle and the other will be in the second bundle. Three of the cloths feature adorable woodland scenes with Jay McCarroll fabric and the last one has a floral design from Anna Maria Horner. Mandy has an Etsy shop, too.
Marci from Marci Girl Designs donated this one of a kind bib and burp cloth set in a cute kitty print; the bib has a wipeable vinyl front and an absorbent terrycloth back. For more details check out this similar listing in her Etsy shop.
I made two pairs of baby pants using Made by Rae's big butt baby pants pattern and accented with adorable sock-monkey themed fabric. The pants are made in a 3-6 month size but with extra length and a fold-up cuff so they should fit the baby a bit longer.
I also made a pair of matching sock monkey booties/shoes, using my favorite pattern. I made them a bit larger than newborn size so they should also fit a 3-6 month old baby.
After seeing all that baby goodness I'm sure you psyched to enter the raffle! Here are all the details on how to enter:
- Go to the American Red Cross or Global Giving and donate at least $10, which is the minimum donation at each site (note - I like that the Red Cross notes that if funds received exceed the need in Japan, they will be used elsewhere - so you can be sure that your donation will go where it is needed most).
- Please do not use the same donation to enter any of the other raffles/contests online, thanks!
- Raffle is open to international entries and there will be no shipping charges.
- Each $5 increment will count as one entry - so if you contribute the minimum of $10, that will be two entries, but for instance if you contribute $25 that would be 5 entries.
- After you have made your donation, come back to this post and leave a comment with:
- The amount you donated
- Your receipt number - you can just leave the last 7 numbers
- Your email address (you can write it like needleandspatula (at) gmail (dot) com if you prefer)
- If you have a preference between the two bundles, feel free to note it - I will give the first winner drawn their choice, and the other bundle to the second winner drawn
- Winners will be picked on March 26th, and will be asked to forward the electronic receipt from their donation, so make sure you don't delete it :)
RAFFLE CLOSED! Thanks to all who entered.
Someone has to get the ball rolling! It's so great you are hosting this giveaway I'll put a link up on my blog.ReplyDelete
I donated $25 to Global Giving R293260-GC786745-CBcb01
If you get a bundle choice I would choose 2 but they are both cute.
Thanks for donating your wares--this is a great idea!ReplyDelete
$50 to the Red Cross
$25 to Global Giving
Invoice #: R292311-GC784838-CBcb01
My email is laurenf218 (at) gmail (dot) com
If you get a bundle choice, could I just have half of my entries go to Bundle 1 and half to Bundle 2? :)
I donated $25 to the Red Cross.ReplyDelete
Receipt code: 5128133
Email: sarahpuro (at) yahoo (dot) com
Prefer bundle #2 -- those pants are adorable!
This is a great idea Kate, and got me off my butt to make a small donation.
I donated $25 to Global Giving (receipt #R301076-GC800423-CBcb01). I also donated $5 to the Red Cross via Living Social (but I don't know if that counts).ReplyDelete
Anyway, I'm a friend of Mandy's, and she linked her readers to you! -- firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a great idea for a raffle. You crafty ladies have done something really nice here! :)